Thursday 16 June 2016

Folksy Christmas

Another Christmas card to add to my slowly growing pile, in a folksy style with lots of faux stitching.
 The papers and wreath and bird stamps are all from Papermania's Bellissima Christmas range, I love the colour combo of this paper pack, the addition of the blue with the red, green and parchment colours really gives the whole scheme a lift.
 I stamped the wreath three times onto pale patterned paper, as the image is quite sparse, and coloured it with Spectrum Noir pencils, adding highlights of Glossy Accents and a sprinkling of gems.  The oval shapes were cut out with Grand Spellbinders dies and I doodled on some faux stitching to match that of the wreath design, I used the same doodled design on the edges of all the layers and the die cut star.
To embellish, I added a star cut with an Xcut die, stamped with a Papermania sentiment stamp and topped with a twine bow and stamped bird, and some buttons made with a Woodware punch, from matching paper, covered with a coat of Glossy Accents and then threaded with jute twine.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
Crafting By Designs - Get Ready for Christmas
Creative Moments - #95 - Stitching, Real or Faux
A Snowflakes Promise - #24 - Anything Goes
Simply Create Too - #111 - Buttons and Bows
CRAFT - #368 - Christmas
Crafty Girls Creations - #21 - Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. Just love this its a fabulous design x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy this is gorgeous. I love the colours and the button embellishments.
    Thanks for joining the fun at CRAFT this week.
    Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning, loving the delicate look. The wreaths are beautifull at first glance I thought you had stiched them.
    Thanks for joining us over at CRAFT this week. Jean DT XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card!! I love the colors you used!! Thanks for joining us at “Simply Create Too”, hope to see you next time again.

    DT-Member SCT
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.